On 30th November 2021, a meeting was held at the Monteiths pub in Alexandra at which the Trust Deed for the creation of the Winterstellar Charitable Trust.
The objects of the Trust, as included in the deed were as follows:
To foster a greater general appreciation of the night sky through astrophotography and other arts;
To educate and foster a greater general understanding of the night sky through astronomy and other sciences;
To promote Maori Mātauranga and narratives, including Matariki, with respect to our understanding of the night sky; and
To promote the benefits of the dark skies of Otago and Southland, New Zealand
Attendants at the meeting were Andy Davey (from Alexandra), Vicky Bowman (Omakau), Paul Le Comte (Otago Peninsular, Dunedin) and Professor Brian Boyle (Arrowtown).
Minutes of Winterstellar Charitable Trust Foundation Meeting
Date 30th November 2021
Venue Monteiths Pub, Alexandra
Paul Le Comte
Professor Brian Boyle
- Selection of Chair: Andy Davey nominated. Accepted unanimously
- Selection of Secretary: Vicky Bowman nominated. Accepted unanimously
- Committees: To be addressed at future meeting
- Remuneration: To be addressed at future meeting
- Acceptance of Trust Deed: Accepted unanimously
- Setting Future Meetings: To be undertaken quarterly. Accepted unanimously
- Annual General Meeting: Suggested for Monday 21st March 2022. Open to all.
- Accounting: Chair to engage accountant and set up bank account
- Treasurer: Andy Davey nominated. Accepted unanimously
Formal Meeting Closed and Charitable Trust Deed signed at 4pm.